Challenge Week 2017

Hello everyone! I'm sorry about not posting, but I have been very busy with exams and things. Luckily, they're all over and this week was a special week at my school! We do this thing every year in Years 7-9 where we pick different activities and we take part in them over a whole school week! It usually happens at the end of June or start of July. For this blog post I thought I'd show you what activities I did this year and what we did on the trip! ♥

Monday: Coastal Walk & Beach Activities

 Okay, so I think this was the best start to my week like.. ever? It was just so peaceful and I really enjoyed just walking around the coast. Unfortunately, it was raining! This wasn't the best type of weather for this activity (plus it was really cold), but we got along with it and made our way through the day! I have a watch that tracks how many steps I do a day and that day I did 16,000 steps!



Now you're probably wondering what the hell this is. Well, this is actually a sand sculpture of one of our teachers from my school! Apparently, the teachers who took us there said it looked like him, so I guess that is an achievement? :D








Tuesday: Trampolining
Image result for ibounce cornwall
On Tuesday, I went to a trampolining park called iBounce. It was really fun there and we had a 2 hour session! In the morning, we stayed at school to learn different trampolining tricks! In the afternoon, we went to iBounce and I had the best time there. Sadly, I couldn't take any photos on that day.


Wednesday: Seal Sanctuary


On Wednesday, we went to a local Seal Sanctuary! I think this was actually my favourite part of the week. I absolutely love sea animals and I got to capture some beautiful pictures of Seals, Otters and other animals! The one on the left here I actually took and edited myself and it is truly stunning ♥ We also got a talk from an old student from my school that now works there and we learnt how to rescue a seal which was fun! ♥


Thursday: Water Park

Now I got to admit, a lot of people found this really fun, but to me it wasn't! This was my least favourite day to be honest... I thought this would be really fun from the videos I saw on YouTube and stuff, but actually I didn't enjoy it. The reason is, is that I am only around 5 foot 1, so I struggled to try and climb on anything due to my height. Also my balance is terrible, so I kept falling off of things all the time and that wasn't fun. I'm glad my friends had a good time though :)


Friday: Longleat


Now this I really enjoyed! I didn't like having to leave at 6am and arriving back at 9pm though... Anyway, Longleat is a Safari Park and I had the best time there! At first, we did a drive through Safari where we saw lots of animals and some monkeys jumped on the bus, which was quite funny! I wish I could show you all the photos I took, but this post would be WAY too long! We then went round the Park in groups and got to do whatever we fancied. On the left, you can see a picture of people feeding giraffes. My favourite part was the boat ride where we got to feed baby Sea Lions. There were SO cute and it looked like they really enjoyed their meal of fish! ♥


There you go! That was my week complete! I got to spend the whole week with my friend Amelia, which was awesome! I also spent it with some of my other friends! Sadly though, my best friend and I didn't do anything the same as our personalities are quite different! She did MUCH more adventurous stuff than me!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Comment if your school has or had any traditions that you found AMAZING! I promise I will get my After School Routine up soon! I have been saying this for a while now, but I hope it'll be up soon! Also, it's only 2 and a half weeks away from my summer break, so I can't wait to upload on this blog more!

I will see you soon, bye ♥

Instagram & Twitter: Bethany_Gribble


Comments

Popular Posts