My Top Books To Read Before 2018 ♥

Hello everyone! I've recently got into reading a lot more and I think it is mostly because I have to keep track of reading everyday for school. I've just finished reading my own copy of Girl Online On Tour and now I'm starting on Jacky Daydream which is a school's copy. I've also started keeping track of when I start reading and finishing books in my own personal notebook and on the app GoodReads. My username on GoodReads is Bethany Gribble if you want to check out what I've read this year and my reading goals. I have a reading goal of 25 books to read this year and I'm only on 15, so I need to read a lot the next few months! Anyway, here are my top 5 picks!

5. The Winter Horses by Philip Kerr

Description: In the midst of another freezing winter, Max, the devoted caretaker of a wildlife reserve, must learn to live with the Nazis who have overrun his land.

My friend actually recommended this book to me as she read it and she thought it was an incredible story. I got this book when I was a little younger than I am now and my mum wasn't sure if it was my type of story, but now that I'm older and a girl my age liked the book, I think I'll enjoy it more!



4. Front Lines by Michael Grant (+ Silver Stars!)

Description: These three girls sign up to fight, they are girls with dreams and aspirations. Each has her own reasons for volunteering: Rio fights to honour her dead sister, Rachel; Frangie needs money to support her family, as her father has not been able to work since he was injured; and Jewish Rainy wants to kill Germans and bring down Hitler.

My mum won this book series and I was very lucky to get to keep them. This book is all about girl empowerment and it is set in the time of WWII, which makes the story even my powerful and inspirational. I think this book is going to be incredible and I can't wait to read it!

3. Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers (+ Comes Back & Opens The Door!)

Description: The book centres on the magical English nanny Mary Poppins, who is blown by the East wind to Number 17 Cherry Tree Lane, London, and into the Banks's household to care for their children. Encounters with pavement-painters and shopkeepers, and various adventures ensue, until Mary Poppins abruptly leaves.

I have obviously seen Mary Poppins adaption on DVD, but what really got me into wanting to read the original book was the film "Saving Mr. Banks". This is a film on how P.L. Travers made her wonderful story come to life on the big screen with the help of Walt Disney. She wanted everything perfect and complained about nearly everything! The story is told in two time periods, P.L.'s rough past and them creating the movie. This has got to be one of my favourite films of all time. Tom Hanks played Walt Disney perfectly and Emma Thompson portrayed the different sides of P.L. Travers perfectly as well! If you love documentaries and comedies, this is the movie for you!

2. Girl Online Going Solo by Zoe Sugg

Description: As Penny starts the school year she's ready to face the world - alone. Noah has gone off the radar after ending his world tour early and no one, including Penny, knows where he is.

I have already read the first two Girl Online books, so I definitely want to read the next one. These are some of the best books I have ever read. The first two are brilliant for young teens as it faces the problems of anxiety, dating and friends. I personally don't have any of those problems, but I know people who do and I can totally relate to the book. This book series is written by the wonderful YouTuber Zoella who you probably know, but she is so inspiring and a great role model for teens!

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K Rowling (+ The rest of the Harry Potter series!)

Description: Harry Potter is in his third year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Along with friends Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger, Harry investigates Sirius Black, an escaped prisoner from Azkaban who they believe is one of Lord Voldemort's old allies.

Now I can't just forget about this book series! The first two books were absolutely incredible (I prefer the books to the movies!) The description on the book alone already sounds better than the last one and I do agree that they get better as they progress through the series. It is 20 Years of Harry Potter and I thought that I have friends who are obsessed, I would give it a go and it turns out that I loved them a lot!

__________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading this blog post! I just want to say thank you for all the support on this blog so far and I don't think I'll ever stop doing it! I think I might do a couple more book posts as I have gotten really into reading and would like to share some more of my book thoughts to you. If you have any book related posts you want me to do, tell me in the comments! Hope you liked this post and I will see you next week. Bye ♥

GoodReads - Bethany Gribble
Instagram & Twitter - @Bethany_gribble (+ I will most likely accept your follow request!)
 
-Beth ♥

 





Comments

Popular Posts