My Goals for 2018 | New Years Resolutions ♥

Hello everyone! Today is the 28th of December, so 2018 is just around the corner! This year has flown by and I would like to first of all thank you for reading my blog posts and supporting me with it. Anyway, by the title of this post, today I'm going to be splitting my New Years Resolutions into 3 categories: "Health", "Work" & "Lifestyle". These are the 3 categories I'm going to be focusing on in 2018 and I have many goals in those categories that I want to achieve!

Health:

1. Drink more water
This was something that I definitely did NOT do enough in 2017. I always put water to the side to have a glass of juice or a chocolate milkshake. This is something I don't want to be doing as often in 2018 and this is why it is on my list!

2. Lose weight
Yes, I know, I'm young, but I definitely want to burn off that Christmas Lunch and all the chocolate my friends bought me for Christmas this year. I have been eating LOADS of unhealthy food recently and since I've been relaxing over the Christmas Break, I need to start having a more healthy diet.

3. Exercise
This links with the last goal, but losing that weight means exercising! I walk to school most days, so that's a good amount of exercise, but I want to do more! Going to the gym is something I want to do as I have a gym at my school and my friends and I will probably start going after school some days.

4. Track my food daily
Yes, I know this involves technology, but I want to start tracking my calorie intake again. This is a bit part of losing weight as an app that I use called "Lifesum" tracks the calories in the food I'm eating and also the amount of fats, sugars etc. I started doing this in 2017, but I gave up as it was taking up too much time in my life, but now I realise how important this is to do.

5. Treat my skin, hair and body better
This is another thing that I don't do enough! I don't have a regular skincare routine and my hair is always getting very greasy. I need to look up some good, natural products that are good for my body and start using them regularly. This will make me a healthier person as well.


Work:

1. Stop procrastinating
Now this is another thing I'm doing way too much! I need to stop putting studying and homework to the side for other less important things like YouTube. I'm about to start choosing my options and this is something that is very important in my life. I need to put school work first and make sure I listen during class as it is going to become very useful when taking notes and studying.

2. Get homework done straight away and do plenty of studying
I mentioned this in my last goal, but I need to do this! Homework is very important and as I'm getting older, my GCSE's are coming up in 2020 and I need to get that study time. I want to achieve this best marks as possible and homework will definitely help with that.


Lifestyle:

1. Read more books
I didn't really get into reading until half way through 2017 and that is no good as I only read 21 books and I want to read WAY more! I am hoping to read about 30 to 35 books in 2018 and by reading more often, I will be able to achieve that goal!

2. Be more helpful and polite.
I didn't do this in 2017! I was not helping people out when they asked for it, I want to be the person who teachers like because I help them put the books away. Also when people have been respectful to me, I need to say "thank you" and when people ask me a question, I need to say "please" afterwards. If I do this, I will start getting much better relationships with people.

3. Watch less YouTube
I know this is quite weird coming from a YouTube creator, but I put too much of my time watching other creators YouTube videos when I could be reading or studying. YouTube is for spare time and is not a number 1 priority. I think watching less YouTube will help me stop procrastinating and getting some work done!

4. Be more clean and tidy
Now this is just simple things like giving my hands a good wash or tidying my room when it's messy. I need to go that extra mile and make sure the environment that I live in looks a little more tidy!

__________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post! This is the last post of 2017, so I hope you liked it. I want to know, what are your New Years Resolutions? Do you have any major goals for 2018? I just want to become a healthier person in general! Remember to check out my social medias and I will see you in 2018! ♥

Instagram & Twitter - Bethany_Gribble
Tumblr - Bethany-reads
Goodreads - Bethany Gribble

Have an amazing week!

-Beth ♥

Comments

Popular Posts